Saturday, October 27, 2007

Speaking of mundane tasks

Today I spent about 90 minutes (or maybe it just seemed like 90 minutes) whacking back a wisteria bush/tree in front of my house. Most of the shrubbery surrounding the house will have to be trimmed in preparation for a paint job coming in early November – the wisteria, which I planted myself, is the biggest item on the list. I only got about a third done today.

I originally planted the wisteria to get some privacy while on the porch, and I certainly got it. The thing grew into a one-plant jungle. I hope it will start growing back in the spring. It will take a couple of summers' growth to reach its former size.

Also today, I went to the mall, planning to quickly pick up a copy of the newest Apple operating system, called OS X Leopard. I can't remember ever seeing the mall that crowded except before Christmas. Perhaps the shopping season has already begun. It was a mess.

No comments: