Saturday, February 28, 2009

Guess I don't get it...

I'm posting from the iPhone, so I'm link-challenged for the moment. But if you go over to Nina/Christina's Flibbertigibbet! site (permanently linked at right), you'll see a clip from a TV show she likes.

In the clip, a woman storms into a guy's office and says indignantly, "I slept with the ne'er-do-well heir to the Fahrquahr humate fortune. I just thought you should know."

And then guy gets all angsty and tells her he's not going to let her walk away from him, and he's not going to let his pride get in the way of whatever, and he's storming the castle walls and something-or-other.

Then she gets all weepy and says she's so sorry, and then he tells her she's really got to 'dig down deep' and think about their relationship.

Their relationship?! This is a relationship?!

Flib writes that she has a crush on this guy, cries when she watches the show, and that the scene just described 'almost did me in.'

I can tell you I would not have a crush on the woman in that scene. In fact, I don't understand anything about that scene.

I've heard some women say they like a guy who, as they put it, 'calls me on my shit,' and I suppose that's what this scene is about.

Being neither a therapist nor a preacher, I don't have much skill or passion for calling people on their 'shit.'

How about we agree that I won't act like a crazy person if you won't?

3 comments:

Nina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nina said...

Heh heh...exactly.

The point is that he sees why she's doing what's she's doing and 'calls her out on her shit'.

She hasn't a clue.

He's telling her that he is committed and to be a grown up.

I don't know very many men that would have that kind of insight, the security in themselves, let alone the balls to do that.

But then again, what do I know?

Nina said...

Besides all that, there's some background story behind this "relationship."