Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Random stuff of the past couple of days

A couple of nights ago Bailey growled at me when I tried to push her out of the middle of the bed so I could have some room. That's the end of Bailey sleeping in bed with me, and she's adapted quite well. I bought her a dog bed at PetSmart, pointed to it, and she hopped right in. She took to being crated right away, too. She's a pretty smart and good-natured dog, so the growling surprised me.

I went to the Paseo Arts Festival this past weekend, and bought two tall metal candle holders. I forget the artist's name, but he lives in Lexington. These holders are quite heavy, and have a low center of gravity, so they should resist being tipped over by wind. I'm going to use them in the back yard to hold oil lamps rather than candles.

I also bought a fused glass piece by Rick and Tracey Bewley, which will go in the house somewhere.

Almost three weeks ago, I dug up two plants in the back yard which appeared to have died during the winter. I left them lying on the ground, intending to throw them in the trash eventually. Lo and behold, both plants (of the same species) started putting out new leaves this week while just lying on the ground! I've replanted one and will replant the other in the next couple of days.

I'm looking forward to the garage being finished and the yard back to normal.

No comments: