Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday night

The skylights have been installed in the roof of the garage. We had planned to install nine, but the installation requirements of the skylights themselves limited us to eight.

The carpenter is building the garage doors from scratch. These will be the old-fashioned carriage house-style doors that swing open. I've never been all that jazzed about overhead doors.

The siding is all up and the windows in. Shingles go on the roof starting tomorrow. Then we spray in insulation, install the toilet and shower and do the wiring.

Meanwhile, inside the house, the master bedroom is finished except for molding, and the back bedroom is almost done.

I have been planting and laying down brown builders' paper and mulch in the flower beds. I enjoy having nice flower beds, but I don't enjoy working in them. My sinuses swell up intermittently, and my eyes have been itching continuously for more than a week. They itch right now.

No comments: