Thursday, June 18, 2009

What's wrong now?!

I've been having this weird thing going on with my right jaw the past few days. It hurts when I open or close my mouth, and I can feel a kind of popping. But this discomfort subsides.

For example, when I eat, the first few bites are uncomfortable, but after that, it's pretty normal. Then, if I eat something else an hour later, or even yawn, it hurts again.

There doesn't seem to be any swelling anywhere.

I hate this kind of stuff, because I don't like going to doctors or dentists, but I also worry about it being some awful terminal condition.

It's always something with me. This is what I mean about my life being complicated. I'll lie awake all night worrying about this.

2 comments:

kelley said...

if it's terminal...would that not help provide...the planned early departure... in a few years...?
i'm just sayin...

Anonymous said...

It's TMJ. I have it too and so do lots of other people. It's from clenching your teeth. The jaw socket has been worn down and it's a pain in the butt, but nothing serious. You can get teeth guards that you wear when you sleep but they are a pain too, so just try to relax and stop clenching.

That will be $300.00. You're welcome.

Mindovermary