Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Crap disposal update: I'm hoarding wall warts

I've filled two city-issued trash bins – 70 gallons each, I think – with crap I'm deleting from my house. Most of it has come from one room, that being the den. The recycling bin is also full.

I am now looking at a pile of 'wall warts' – those little black transformers that plug into a wall outlet to step down house current for USB hubs, CD burners, external hard drives and the like. Over the years, I have pitched out fried hard drives, CD burners that were too slow, USB v1 hubs and all sorts of other electronic detritus. But I have always kept the wall warts, and now I have perhaps fifteen of them that don't go to anything I currently own.

Years ago, I had one burn out, and I was able to replace it with one of matching wattage and amperage in my pile of leftovers. Since then, I've hung on to all of them, just in case I need to replace one again.

This is the kind of thinking that eventually led to me being knee deep in crap.

1 comment:

Lark said...

I am impressed that you got rid of so much stuff! Good work there.