Saturday, December 05, 2009

Tiger Woods

I normally am not interested in 'celebrity news,' but I have to admit the stories developing about golfer Tiger Woods have caught my attention.

(Caveat: I don't know how much of this you or I should believe, since most of the info is coming from the tabloid press.)

First of all, I guess I just assumed that Woods had a pretty casual, 'nice guy' attitude toward women. The high school flavor of this stuff surprised me.

But what really caught my attention is the barrage of emails, text messages and answering machine messages that have become public. Did every one of these women collect documentation to eventually sell to the tabloids? Or to use to shake him down for money?

According to one story I read, even his wife demanded and got a $5 million payment.

I thought I was rather cynical about this stuff, but now I'm wondering if I was naive.

No comments: