Thursday, February 17, 2011

Clutter

I'm pondering today what constitutes clutter. Not just physical clutter, but mental clutter, emotional clutter and spiritual clutter. My mind looks a lot like my house.

Mental, emotional and spiritual clutter are all basically the same thing: stuff rolling around in your head that has no current value or purpose, but which you keep anyway. Maybe you have some attachment that keeps you hanging on to it, or maybe you just don't know how to get rid of it.

I wonder if freeing my mind of clutter would make it easier to keep my house free of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it would. I think the better way to think about it is that your house looks a lot like your mind.


Lark

Anonymous said...

Add "energy" to the mix, and you've got a winning combo.

mcarp said...

What Lark said.

I'm not sure what Anon means by adding ebnergy to the mix. As you probably know, I don't have much. I seem to have the metabolism of a Galapagos tortoise.