Monday, February 07, 2011

More Human Contact

I got a ticket today for having an expired car tag. The tag expired in November, and I had put off getting the little sticker that keeps it current. This is another of those annual chores that seems like it happens every six weeks. A year just isn't what it used to be.

I don't mind the money, but I hate the paperwork. And the human contact. Unrealized buddhas one and all, but I don't want to sit in that dingy tag agency with them, waiting for my name to be called. But I dragged myself down there in the afternoon and got it done.

One of the great things about becoming a fully authentic zen master, other than apparently getting laid relentlessly, is that you often get some sort of humble monk assistant who takes care of all the shit work while you're neither being nor not being.

What I probably really need is a nanny.

No comments: