Monday, January 01, 2007

The first day of 2007

Tea in the morning at EE Starbuck's.

Randy, dzaster, Nurse Kathryn and Tanner in attendance. Tanner, Nurse Kathryn and I went to lunch at Las Mariachis. NK and I went to Spices of India, recommended by Jen, where I stocked up on several varieties of Hem Indian incense.

Home.

Read DT Suzuki for awhile.

Went to Barnes & Noble and Bed, Bath & Beyond. Saw a couple of things I liked, but didn't buy. I have too much stuff already. I used to really enjoy shopping. Now it's vaguely unpleasant.

I'd like to spend the rest of my life in pajama bottoms, t-shirts and the Bathroom of Perfect Wisdom. Clothes are a pain in the ass.

Went to Borders, bought two albums of classical guitar music by players of whom I'd never heard. My ear is not very discriminating, anyway.

In the evening, more reading: Suzuki and some Thich Nhat Hanh.

iTunes: Propeller 9, The Notwist

I feel vaguely dissatisfied. I don't want to sit here alone, but it won't hurt me to do so, and I've no place to go.

I need feedback. I don't mean comments here, although they're always welcome. I mean I need to say something to someone and have someone say something back to me. Intellectual/spiritual discourse.

Especially spiritual.

2 comments:

Nina said...

I know what you mean in needing spiritual discourse.





mlsiocwv

Anonymous said...

Who can turn the world on with his smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you boy, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it

Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have a town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
You're gonna make it after all


How will you make it on your own?
This world is awfully big, boy this time you're all alone
But it's time you started living
It's time you let someone else do some giving

Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have a town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
You're gonna make it after all