Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Facebook

Nina/Christina has announced her intention to shut down her myspace account and move solely to Facebook. I set up a Facebook account several months ago, promptly forgot I had it, and didn't remember it until a friend in the Army 'friended' me from Iraq.

Another guy whom I may not even know 'friended' me shortly afterward. He may be one of the many people I know only on a first-name basis from Sauced or the Red Cup. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and added him. Then Lark 'friended' me, although I think it was about a month before I got onto Facebook and added her.

A few days ago, a woman I worked with in television, whom I haven't seen in at least ten years, 'friended' me, brining my total Facebook friends to three.

So Monday evening, I rummaged around looking for people I knew on Facebook and found a few. Nina/Christina, of course, and pop*modern, aka Larry, and Dan Sparks and DeShan and Cristin and numerous others.

Facebook is certainly easier to look at than myspace. Most pages have only two small text ads, as opposed to the riot of banners and animations that compete for your attention on myspace. And others may disagree, but as a person with a modicum of design and aesthetic sense, I find it pleasing that Facebook doesn't allow users to DIY their home pages.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My eldest son browbeat me into joining Facebook. What I always liked best about the Well was those one-line "status reports," and of course that's a feature on Facebook.

Nina said...

I've been wanting to make the move solely to Facebook for a long time. It's all around better than MySpace.

Glad you're there too!



yhxwiz