Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A few brewskis

I posted earlier in the week about having had more to drink than I am comfortable with.

A couple of my friends encouraged this, based on the idea that I might be funnier, friendlier or more entertaining when I'm drunk.

As many of my drinking buddies from my television days could have told them, none of those things happen. I'm just as boring as I am sober, and maybe more so, since the 'fun gap' between me and everyone else widens when we've all been drinking.

I did have the occasional tendency to make an ass of myself, but not in any way that could be construed as being 'the life of the party.' I never lost a friend over things I said or did drunk, but I did strain a couple of friendships.

By the way, I make no apologies for being boring. I don't make being boring a goal, but I recognize that I can't have peace and stability in my life and still chase after drama.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as with anything...boring is a state of mind...mikeC...you are far from boring... maybe not the life of the party...but then again...that's not what it's cut out to be anyway... so with this being said... i'm no expert..but the email i received...was pretty funny and a mikeC...i am not so familiar with... perhaps there is more to the wine affect then you realize...

Nina said...

I've been told I do drunk coherently.

Sounds like code for boring control freak.



asiwzsm