Monday, October 06, 2008

A word about Josh

I have avoided posting anything about Josh. For those of you not in my local circle of friends, Josh was a 26-year-old man who died an obviously untimely death last week. His funeral was today. He had worked at the Red Cup, along with his brother, and later had a handyman business. He had done repairs at my house and oversaw the painting I had done last fall.

He was greatly loved and had a large circle of friends who are deeply grieving his death.

I mention his passing now only because I don't want people to think I considered it somehow beneath notice in this mostly self-absorbed blog.

I have nothing else to say. I have personal thoughts about it based on my own beliefs as a Buddhist/Taoist, but they will remain personal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i find it interesting you can so easily pour your heart out regarding two cats...but when it comes to a human life... you cannot... why is this mikeC? josh was much more than a handyman... he was really good to you... and quite generous...

mcarp said...

There are some things that are bigger than my ability to talk about them, and this is one of them.

I don't feel it would be appropriate for me to wax prosaic about this when there were so many other people who knew him better than I did.

I feel as if I often pontificate on this blog already, and I don't want to cross the line into taking someone else's tragedy as an opportunity to go on about my own beliefs or feelings.

RJ said...

I have found that the more something affects me the less I am to articulate how I feel about it.





belfrey

Unknown said...

I love you man....you know it...and it was a good word...in a good way...I know my limits and how I feel about people deeply affects me...how I see the world and being a culturally bipolar temporarily urbanized and now newly countrified NdN hehe...I have no regrets...other than I wish I had told and shown a lot more folks how much I love them before they left....I live in and out of many worlds...it is never too late to have a happy childhood or life...and intent, ceremony, and ritual are highly personal...and I know your intent and it is good....I do identify with an inability to express my feelings in words when unexpected events occur...Love you Man...Leslie