Friday, January 02, 2009

More crazy dreams

I came home after breakfast and decided to take a nap. I didn't sleep well overnight - I had the creepy flooded car dream I described earlier, and after I went back to sleep, I had a couple of more strange dreams I can't remember now.

So I went to the Cup, then to Jimmy's Egg, then came home and tried to take a nap, and had even more more hyper-realistic dreams. In the first one, I stepped out on the front porch to find it stripped bare. My glider, rocker, and rattan lawn chairs were all gone, along with some miscellaneous stuff that's out there. The glider and some of the other stuff had been dragged out into the street in front of the driveway I share with my next door neighbor. I started to walk next door to see if he knew how the stuff had gotten out there when I suddenly woke up.

Then I fell asleep again, and dreamt that I saw a bright green bird like a parakeet sitting in a tree outside my dining room window. I didn't have my glasses on, so the bird was just a blur. I crept forward to get a closer look without scaring it off. As I got closer, I saw Chilly Mama creeping up the tree toward the bird. The bird was looking straight at her, but not moving. 'That's somebody's pet bird,' I thought, 'who doesn't know to be afraid of the cat.'

I rapped on the window to frighten the bird away, but it didn't budge. Chilly Mama suddenly grabbed it. I scrambled for the door to go outside and try to rescue the bird. But I didn't have my glasses on and I couldn't see what I was doing. Then I woke up.

Then the doorbell rang and there was a knock at the door. I jumped up, knocking my glasses to the floor. But that wasn't a dream... that was actually the FedEx man.

No comments: