Monday, January 05, 2009

Socks

Ms. HRP and I opened up a big plastic container stuck in my back bedroom today. It was mostly filled with socks. I had boxed these up when I moved to Texas in 1998 and they had been stored away ever since.

I would guess there were at least a hundred pair and maybe more. There were dress socks, casual socks, summer and winter socks. There were wool socks and cotton socks. There were cheap socks from Target, and Polo and Byford socks from Harold's. There were solids and stripes, argyles and patterns. There was a pair of glen plaid socks. There was a pair of socks with pheasants on them. These were all socks I bought back in my TV days. Some of them were twenty years old, but they all looked like new.

All my old silk 'pocket squares' were in there, too, and I gave them to Ms. HRP. I'm going to be interested in seeing what she does with them. She'll turn them into a bedouin tent or a parachute or something.

Now I have to find a place to put all these socks.

Man, I've got a lot of shit.

2 comments:

RJ said...

Donate them to the Jesus House. H

mcarp said...

Comment deleted because it was spam for a sock sales web site.