Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back in the bubble and other notes.



We returned yesterday from our trip to Arkansas, with stops in El Dorado and Hot Springs. The wheel bearing problem turned out to be minor issue with the newly-installed brake drums. There was a 90-minute wait to get it checked, but it cost us nothing.

All appeared to turn out well, except that we were not able to bring back the canoe that had been the focus of the Hot Springs leg of the journey. So there wasn't much to do except wander around town (above) and hang out at Soartstar's dad's place at Lake Hamilton (below).



Meanwhile, artist/sculptor/photographer/landscaper KelleyO and her son Taylor were busy on my new patio. Kelley posted some her own pics on her MySpace page, a few of which I have appropriated here:







Finally, I should mention the apparent death, and certainly disappearance, of my cat buddy Ooga Ooga. He vanished before I left for Arkansas, and about the middle of last week, I found a cat resembling him dead on the next block over from my house. He was very gregarious and outgoing, and I suppose it's plausible that he wandered that far from home. I've lost two cats in the past six weeks, both basically kittens that were almost full-grown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome home