Thursday, July 03, 2008

Thursday

Work proceeds apace on the landscaping. We rototilled the area yesterday. I did some of the rototilling myself. I ran a tiller once before when I was about 17, and I remember it being faster and easier than this was. Fortunately my landscape designer (aka KelleyO) is more adept with a rototiller than I am.

But yesterday's experience gave me a new respect for what our pioneer forefathers went through, carving a nation out of the wilderness.

The bid came in for the deck expansion and it was more than I expected. I have no experience upon which to base an expectation, but knowing the bidder, I'm sure the price is fair. It's just more than I had anticipated. I'll have to think about that some.

2 comments:

Nina said...

Hope you're documenting the change with pictures.




gbitlopd

mcarp said...

I thought about that, but not in time.