Monday, November 05, 2007

And then we are made foolish

Last month I posted this item about infatuation.

The matter at hand was the infatuation with 'sense objects,' which includes all the tangible items, feelings and desires that are part of 'self.'

Generally, though, we use the word infatuation to mean romantic or sexual fascination, as exhibited in this skit blogblah! first posted from YouTube a few days ago:



When I first saw this on John's blog, I wondered if women would realize what a dead-on sendup this is of the way men deal with infatuation (well, except maybe for the drunken dialing bit at the end – I know it happens but I was never prone to it).

It's a gag, of course, but what makes it funny is that it's such a perfect representation of infatuation behavior. And even a customer as cold-blooded as Darth Vader can be made foolish by it.



The clip is from the BBC's "Peter Serafinowicz Show," by thw way.

No comments: