Thursday, November 01, 2007

Another dream...

I dreamt that Abraham Lincoln was still alive, a 190-something-year-old ex-president still living in Washington, DC, revered as a national treasure.

But honest Abe is ill and close to death. In the meantime, the US teeters on the brink of what seems like an inevitable nuclear exchange with jihadists.

Against this backdrop, I am on my way to someone's house to deliver a loaf of bread or some other household staple, and my goal is to get there before Lincoln dies and the bombs start arriving.

I'm headed down the street, constantly keeping an eye out for places to hide in case of the worst. Suddenly the sky lights up and a I feel a wave of warmth coming from behind me. But it doesn't get any worse than that, so I decide to keep going.

The dream jumps forward to another location. It's some kind of building designed to accommodate a lot of people, like a school or a convention center. There's some sort of event going on, but there aren't a lot of people there.

I'm hungry. There's something to eat, but it doesn't look very appetizing – whatever it is – and I'm trying to figure out how to get a steak and potato when I wake up.

No comments: