Thursday, February 14, 2008

Well, I've done it again.

I've blown my non-attachment getting worked up over stuff I ought not to care about.

I have no good reason to worry about the production values of campaign commercials, or the Sonics thing or the Patriots thing or even the champion beagle. (Okay, maybe the Sonics thing is fair since it will involve my sales tax burden.)

Ninety-nine per cent of the stuff that destroys my peace is stuff that comes nowhere near me on its own. Instead, I go out and find it.

God grant me the wisdom to stop clicking pointless links. Maybe I need that Internet vacation more than I realized.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the sound of one hand being attached to non-attachment?

mcarp said...

I don't know. I just know there's too much debris spinning around in my brain. The voices... make them stop...