Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Actually, Not All That Ethereal

I should quit calling the Willowy, Ethereal Buddhist 'ethereal'. Because, actually, she's not. I just projected that onto her because I wanted her to be ethereal. I wanted to think she spends all her free time chanting mantras and lighting incense and wandering through fields of wildflowers or whatever, and not going to movies like "Iron Man".

But actually, I guess, she just does ordinary stuff. I say, 'I guess' because I don't know what the reality is. I have to face the fact that I didn't know her that well. I just knew the person I created in my mind and pretended was her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In recent years, in Austria, there have been two cases of people being locked up in basements for YEARS. When they escaped / were discovered, the cases made world headlines.

As this relates to your projection:

Whenever we drive through the idyllic Austrian countryside and come across a beautiful little village with a spectacular ancient castle on the hill, I'm impressed.

But I also can't help wondering WTF these people have in their basements.

---John X, seeker of the flip side

Nina said...

Perhaps she is ethereal and non-ethereal.

-Nina


inglychi

John X said...

All that ethereal-ism vanishes the second she screams at you for forgetting to take the trash out.