Saturday, August 14, 2010

Random Summer Notes 2

My appetite has been off. This is not necessarily a bad thing, since I am also getting almost no exercise. I assume the heat is largely responsible. I can't tell that this has caused any weight loss, but at least I'm not gaining.

I'm keeping a friend's dog for a month. We're at about the halfway mark on that. I think Bailey, my basset hound, benefits from having a co-dog.

I bought a couple of documentaries from iTunes and watched them on my iPad: "Gonzo", about journalist Hunter S. Thompson, and "Born Into This", about poet Charles Bukowski. I wasn't sure how I would like watching films on the iPad, but it's not bad at all. It's sort of like holding a movie in your hands as if it were a book. I wouldn't want to watch "Lawrence of Arabia" this way, but for documentaries, it seems fine.

The aloha shirts are finally gone. Now I can work on getting the rest of the crap off the porch.

No comments: