Saturday, August 14, 2010

Nightmare

Another of those nightmares that jolted me awake, gasping for air with my heart racing.

I have a recurring nightmare in which there's some kind of aircraft crash, and I'm on the ground trying to dodge flying debris. In the dream I just had, I'm driving a van that is absolutely loaded with stuff, balky and top heavy, and a huge helicopter is trying to take off right in front of me.

The copter is out of control, and I'm backing the van full speed across the parking lot, trying to stay from it. But it keeps coming straight at me. When I swerve, it swerves.

Finally it climbs straight up, flips over, and comes crashing down upside down on the roof of a building. I'm still backing up full speed so if a rotor blade or some other part comes flying off, it won't hit me. But I know I'm still too close.

That's when I woke up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah! Last week an actual medical helicoptor with three crew members plummetted to earth TWO BLOCKS from my house in the middle of the day in the middle of the bike path that I ride on at last once a day. Everyone died. Now there is a big huge temporary fence announcing "HUBRERTS CRIME SCENE AND OTHER DISGUSSTING SCENERIOS - DO NOT CROSS OR LOOK AT GROSS STUFF UNDERNEATH" plastic sheeting surrounding the area with a lot of torn yellow police tape blowing around. And then, of course, the teddy bears, candles (that I am afraid are going to set fire to Herbert's tarp) and all kinds of picturess - wedding, kidddy, doggies,etc continuues to grow daily. OH, and lots and lots and lots of crosses. I drive by this every day . Is that a real nightmare?