Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Co-dog

It's taken about a year, but I have finally found a co-dog for my pup, Bailey. The new dog is an 18-month-old black lab named Cooper. Cooper was found wandering near Weatherford, severely malnourished. Even now, after six weeks of care and regular feeding, he is still just skin and bones — the skinniest black lab I have ever seen.

I've already discovered he loves the rawhide chews Bailey doesn't like, doesn't like the treat biscuits Bailey likes, and enjoys running and playing with Bailey. That last part is especially good news, because Bailey spends too much time just snoozing in the back yard. They're both on the back porch asleep right now, and I haven't heard a peep out of them since I put them there. I hope that means they're worn out from play.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a good doggie dad.


Lark

Anonymous said...

Hope you're walking that young black lab regularly, i.e. daily. They NEED/HAVE to be (vigorously) walked. If you don't feel like it, employ a dog walker. Makes your dog mentally/physically healthy AND gives someone a job.