Friday, March 25, 2011

The End of A Recent Story

A few weeks back, I wrote about having lunch with a woman I found attractive in spite of what most people would say was a considerable difference in our ages. A few days after that, we went out to a lakeside park and spent the afternoon talking and watching aquatic birds on the water. A few days after that, I got the friend-o-gram from her via email. And that was the end of that.

More to come on other topics, though.

Addendum: I have friends who would tell me that going to the lake and watching birds does not constitute a 'real date', and I would agree. I understand that a 'real date', as defined by local culture, is dinner at one of the recently-opened urban steak joints, followed by an NBA game, and wrapping up with chocolatinis or mintinis or breadpuddingtinis or bananacarameltinis at one of our warehouse district bars.

This is why I don't date. I'd rather sit at the lake and watch birds.

1 comment:

Nina said...

My favorite "dates" are sitting quietly anywhere in soothing silence. If no one fidgets, it's a good "date," (whatever that is).