Monday, March 14, 2011

Like a Passing Daydream

"What many of us take seriously as our life is like a passing daydream – a succession of thoughts not grounded in what's happening at that moment. And this daydream of how and what we imagine our life to be – it's usually so all-compelling, that we take it as the solace of our life, take it as the solace of our days, we see it as the way we can get through the day. We go home and lay down on the couch and think about what we believe will make us happy."

– Jordan Thorn

Jordan Thorn is a priest and practice leader at the San Francisco Zen Center

1 comment:

http://ljmantzouranis.blogspot.com said...

This is, from my perspective, a funny situation. Often I find myself lost in that "passing daydream." Then if I take a breath and let go of it, I actually feel a physical sense of relief. As if I were clinging onto it for some reason...