Monday, June 12, 2006

11:09 PM

Trying to sleep. I think I ate too much BBQ. Had the peach 'crisp,' too.

Incense is burning, but I can't persuade myself I am in ancient China. I keep telling myself they had laundry piles and cats coughing up hairballs in ancient China, too, but it's not working. I'm still at my house and it's 2006.

Detach. Detach. Detach.

Of course, I have a rather uninformed view of ancient China. I actually don't know anything about it, but I like to imagine sages my age sitting around discussing the Tao and griping and b.s.-ing, while younger people do all the work and wait on us hand and foot.

In other words, I imagine ancient China being a lot like the Red Cup, which it probably was, except Kurt has never cut off a customer's foot for misbehaving. Imagine the Red Cup with customers riding up on oxen, and there you have it.

iTunes: Voice of the Moon, Anoushka Shankar, followed by Ohshu Sashi, Yonemura Reisho

Humans! Humans! Tara protect me from reality.

Hey, I know I could do that 700 sq. ft. apartment. I just have to get rid of more crap. Once Kat (with a K) gets here, crap's gonna go flying out the door. Well, except for the stuff I really need.

Shave my head, paint myself blue.

I'm going back to bed now.

No comments: