Sunday, June 25, 2006

Om mani padme hum.

Time to get myself back on track.

I've been 'way off my meditation and everything else for about six weeks. Things have gotten a little out of control. The house is a mess, laundry is piled up, yard work needs to be done.

My own mental and emotional state, while not terrible or miserable, has been a little off balance.

Kat with K is coming over to nudge my house back toward respectability and it's time I did the same for myself.

I need exercise, I need self-discipline. I need non-attachment from all the stuff that's distracted me.

Om mani padme hum.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing is sacred.

There is no past and no present.

The more you know the less you need.

Acknowledge and move on.

But, always take snacks.

Anonymous said...

Fun Vigorous Excercise: punching, elbowing, kicking, & kneeing a good heavy bag, minimum 70 pounds. Also consider a speed bag and an over/under bag.

Fun Slow Excercise: tai chi or slow motion free-form dance (the latter best done in private, as onlookers tend to discourge your progress via cruel, bellowing laughter.)

Anonymous said...

I feel we are in much the same place--if I have any revelations about how to get out I'll let you know. In the meantime, I'll go work in my garden--which is as close as I get to creating the perfect cat barf picture.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that last one was from me, kgf.