Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday PM

Almost time for bed. I burnt some clove incense, did a little housekeeping this evening.

Usually, by the time I'm ready for bed, my state of mind is that I am ready to spend the rest of my life in relative solitude. I feel mentally exhausted by the day's events. This is more noticeable now than even just a year ago. The day just wears me out, mentally and emotionally.

Even today, which was a breakfast at Red Cup/lunch at Galileo/sleep/blog day, has left me feeling worn out. Right now, I dread the idea of going back to work tomorrow. I'll be okay with it in the morning, but tonight the thought depresses me.

My pipe dream is to buy a nice airplane bungalow over in the Paseo neighborhood, close to the arts district itself... spend some money rehabilitating it, and create a simple, low-impact low-crap living space -- something very quiet, very Tao/Zen, very simple and low-maintenance. I was sitting is soartstar's office the other day and realized that an apartment the size of that office and gallery would meet all my needs, even though it's a third the size of my small house. Of course, the cats would need some space, too.

But perhaps I could reduce my living space in the bungalow to the bedroom and den (which is pretty much my situation here), use the upstairs room for a studio, and maybe turn the living and dining rooms into some sort of commons where people could just come and sit and talk or meditate or whatever.In the right neighborhood, I'd be within cycling distance of the Red Cup and the Paseo, and I'd be pretty happy with that.

A pipe dream.

iTunes: The Lament, Zhou You & Ensemble, followed by Echo of the Sacred, Riley Lee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! So not a pipe dream! I live in a one bedroom 700 sq ft apartment and have never been in the bedroom (accounts for half the sq ft). I feel the space I actually live in, about 350 sq ft, is too big sometimes (especially if you compare it to the rest of the world's living arrangements.) I sealed the bedroom off even taping over the air duct. I have one room with my bed and desk - looks like a hotel room (not even a couch or table). I LOVE IT!! Will never live any other way. Used to have a s-t-o-r-a-g-e facility many years ago, now I have empty cabinets and shelves. I went from new BMW to old Subaru station wagon, Prada to thrift store, lot of stuff stuff stuff to space. You CAN do it. Feels great and I believe is good for depression as I do not have a lot of crap to insure, dust, protect, move or otherwise worry about. E-mail me at gerontologist@hotmail.com for more information!!!!