Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Dream

Went back to sleep and dreamt I was wandering around in a large building. I was the only one there. I walked into a corridor and down toward a larger room and realized I was in a large post office. There were big canvas-lined bins on wheels and other postal-type stuff. (I guess they still have that. The last time I was in the back of a post office was probably fifteen years ago.)

I tried to fly, but couldn't... at least not very well. I can frequently fly in my dreams, but this time I was just sort of fluttering.

Then I was outdoors somewhere and it wasn't Oklahoma. I'm not sure where I was. It was autumn, and there were rolling hills and trees starting to turn fall colors. It was a little overcast. I came to a bluff and jumped off it, figuring once I was in the air, I would fly. I did fly enough to break my fall, but I still landed on the ground below with a pretty hard thump.

During all this, I was trying to sing Hotel California, but I couldn't remember the lyrics. I decided the reason I couldn't fly was because I was too focused on trying to remember the words.

Then I woke up.

2 comments:

Nina said...

Flying dreams are my favorite!

I don't have them enough...not even fluttering ones.

Thanks so much for putting Hotel California in my head today. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

The last time I was in the back of a post office was this morning.

Yep---they still have that stuff in there.

I shiteth thee not.

---

My pals The Electric Prunes told me I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night.

But I think it was YOU who's had a bit too much to dream....