Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sunday AM update

I have not had much to write about, and when I do, I'm too worn out to write it.

After a very good Thursday health-wise, Friday was so crappy I went home at noon and dragged around the rest of the day and into Saturday. Felt well enough to go to the grocery store Saturday with Suzanne, but the bottom fell out while I was there and I ended up leaning on the checkout stand, apparently groaning loud enough to alarm the cashier. (I say 'apparently' because I wasn't even aware I was groaning. But Suzanne says I make groaning and muttering noises all the time, like an old retriever getting comfortable on the porch.)

Without going into a whole lot of detail, I am now very persuaded that this is caused by my blood pessure medication, which seems to be working too well the past couple of weeks. I've lost some weight this summer and I'm getting a little more exercise, so maybe I need something not so strong.

I have a doctor's appointment Monday, and then I'll know for sure.




I'm wearing a T-shirt Suzanne loaned me that says "Aid and Comfort" on the front. I mention this because Suzanne has been a source of immense aid and comfort during all this. As I've blogged before, the brooding loner gig isn't all that much fun when you're really ill. She's fed me, come and picked me up when I've been too wasted to drive myself, and generally just been there for me when I wondered if it was really safe for me to be by myself.

iTunes: Wild Geese Descend on the Smooth Sand, Lui Pui-yuen

No comments: