Wednesday, October 19, 2011

108 Days of Gratitude - Day 10

Today I'm grateful for the teaching of the ancient Zen masters and Taoist sages.

I am not immersed in Zen like I was even a year ago, but the basic understanding I gained from my study is still with me, and will be, I believe, for the rest of my life.

The Buddha said his teachings were like a raft one uses to cross the river. After reaching the other shore, the traveler continues on his journey, but leaves the raft for another to use.

I feel as if I am that traveler. I don't think I will ever again walk around with dharma talks playing in my headphones, but I have not forgotten:

"If you understand, things are just as they are. If you do not understand, things are just as they are."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your 108 Days of Gratitude.