Sunday, October 09, 2011

My front porch

I slept about half the night on the front porch, listening to the rain.

I bought a very expensive outdoor wicker sofa a couple of years ago, and it has been worth very penny I paid for it. It's long enough that I can stretch my entire six-foot frame out on it, and the cushions are soft enough to sleep on.

Every so often some loud manmade noise would intrude on my sleep - one of my neighbors pulling a car into the driveway, or a plane passing overhead. But mostly if I woke up all I heard was rain and occasional thunder.

M. Gastón jumped on the sofa and slept by my feet.

Eventually I got hot – even in the winter, I have to have a fan blowing on my head and shoulders when I sleep – and I came inside and finished the evening on my regular bed.

But it was nice to spend part of the evening at least a little closer to nature.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely.

Lark