Thursday, October 20, 2011

108 Days of Gratitude - Day 11

Today I am grateful for my friend blogblah!, aka John R. Long.

I see John about once every two weeks, usually at Beverly's 24/7 Restaurant near Baptist Hospital. Like me, he keeps irregular hours, so I'm likely to see him there at some odd hour when most decent people are tucked into bed.

Sometimes we head over to Penn Square and watch a movie – generally, the crappier the better.

But what I value most about visiting with John is that I don't have to measure my words around him. He's not offended by my politics, or my skepticism and/or cynicism, or my lack of a 'proper attitude' (whatever that is) about women, sex and love.

I'm also fond of his sister Mary (aka mindovermary), who deserves her own Day of Gratitude in the near future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. It's mutual.
Blogblah