Sunday, October 09, 2011

Popular Keywords

I've had Google Analytics on this site the whole time it's been up, but I hardly ever look at it. The last time was probably two or three years ago.

I noticed this evening that over the past month, 15 people came to this blog by searching Google or Bing for the expression "catshit safari" — a term which I'm pretty sure I invented to describe the search for cat shit in hard-to-reach corners of the house.

But the search expression that brought the most people here over the past month was "nothing to live for", which brought 64 visitors.

Sounds like they might have heen depressed. But I'm sure they left here completely cheered up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You cheer me up!
--Nothing to live for (Soartstar)

mcarp said...

Interestingly enough, a search term that led one person (and one only) to my blog was, "Who is soartstar?"

Seriously.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure Soartstarians are people from way back who believed there was this massive universal fight between good and evil here on Earth except they used to spell it with a Z, Zoartstarians, or something like that.

Anonymous said...

Did you tell that person who I am or was or will be? I'd like to know, too. I spell my name with a Z in private, and hope I'm a dispassionate reporter at the fight between good and evil.
Soartstar

mcarp said...

I didn't tell them anything. What the keywords tell me is that someone typed "Who is soartstar?" into Google, and Google led that user to my blog.

mcarp said...

Or it might have been Bing or Yahoo! I don't know which search engine was used.