Thursday, January 26, 2012

My (other) brilliant career

In a comment to a previous post, James Stover referred to a website I once had. I remembered it as 'The MCARP Institute of Situational Journalism Ethics," but that was actually the subtitle. It was called "My (other) brilliant career."

It was sort of a proto-blog that I created in 1999, when blogging was still in its infancy, and I was still ranting daily about the idiocy of TV news.

The original site is long gone, but another former reporter, Ike Piggott, archived it and has republished, with my permission, most of the original content at his site, Occam's Razr.

Here are some of those posts from 1999 - 2000:

Adrenalinholics Anonymous

Mt. Everest Is In Alaska

The MCARP Guide to Sweeps Series Planning

It's A Reporter's Worst Nightmare

I Was Suppose To Be An Anchor

Where There's Smoke, There's Breaking News

There are a few more there. If you'd like to read all of them, visit Occam's Razr and search for the keyword "mcarp".

No comments: