Tuesday, January 03, 2012

No more free printing

I put new ink cartridges in my inkjet printer yesterday. I mention this because I used up the previous cartridges printing stuff for other people. I printed maybe ten sheets of paper for my personal use. All the rest was for about three people who had come to think of me as their own personal Kinko's.

When you offer to print something for someone, I've learned, their likely response is to then insist that you also provide them scanning, email service, web browsing, layout and design service and faxing. Someone actually got annoyed with me a couple of years back because I didn't have a fax machine here for her to use.

The real Kinko's (now FedEx Office) is about six blocks from my house, and not terribly expensive. I sometimes use it myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed out on free computer and printing services. I always thought it was my own responsibility to either have the equipment or pay for the services. From doormat to Mcarp--a good transition!!
Soartstar

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike,
Before you decided to be a complete cop out misogynist bad guy you promised promised promised me you would research and print out the answers to the following burning questions:
1. What does it mean when my dog looks at me funny?
2. Which of my chakras will realign if I go to Sedona for a long weekend?
3. Why won't you admit I was told by God to run for president?
Yours very truely,
mysterious anonymous poster formerly known as blogblah

Anonymous said...

That mean guy, John Long, told me the answers to my questions were:
1. nothing
2. none
3. there is no God talking to me.
Tell him to stop it.