Sunday, January 29, 2012

What's Next

I let some info slip through the cracks in the process of moving my updates from Facebook to here.

So here's what's next. On February 1, I go back into the hospital for a needle biopsy of my liver. There is a very slim chance – like about 1% – that the shadows on the CT scan of my liver are something other than the cancer. The biopsy will confirm that one way or the other. This is about a six-hour procedure.

After that, but I don't when, radiation for my ass tumor, followed by surgery to remove part of my colon and I don't know what else. They'll also be moving my ass around to my stomach, since my existing ass is pretty much FUBAR. After that, chemo to attack the cancer in my liver – assuming that is, indeed, cancer.

And that's all I know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will be thinking of you on The 1st and hoping you are in that particular 1%.

Lark

sweeney said...

What Lark said. Beams for you now, on the 1st, and ongoing, from here.