Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Random Update

I go in for the endoscopy and colonoscopy Thursday, so I'm now in the zone where my diet is restricted. I have to go to the pharmacy today and get all that stuff you have to take before you go to the hospital.

One of the things that's on my mind (since I still tend to worry about things over which I have no control) is whether this will turn out to be some sort of tumor, rather than just a return of the ulcers.

I am on the fence about what I would want to do if this turns out to be something life-threatening, or something that needs expensive and invasive treatment.

I've had a pretty good five years of retirement. That's more than some of my coworkers had, since they died before they could retire.

To bankrupt myself financially just to spend another ten years sitting around the coffee shop seems kind of pointless. I could do hospice instead, let nature take its course with my body, and leave that money for a scholarship fund or something.

But I don't have to think about stuff like that until I know exactly what's wrong with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you need someone to drive you to and from your procedure? I'll gladly volunteer.

blogblah

patrizia said...

You are miles away from having to think those kinds of thoughts although I suppose they are inevitable.

Beams! as they say on the Well.