Friday, December 03, 2010

How Will It Happen?

I wonder from time to time how I will die. Car wreck? Stroke? Slow, wasting disease? With my history of high blood pressure, stroke is a likely candidate.

Being alive isn't a bad thing. But, as I've written before, it's an exercise in pointlessness. We pop into this world, stir up some shit that doesn't last, maybe do some good that doesn't last, and if we're really important, leave behind a monument that perhaps becomes a tourist attraction, but ultimately doesn't last. The whole history of mankind is nothing but the blink of an eye.

Enjoy it while you can, I guess, but it's no big deal. As I've said before, I feel like I'm stuck in an airline terminal, wandering around between flights. Yawn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

5:00am, no pain, in my sleep

Anonymous said...

A midget ninja will assassinate you.

It's not as unlikely as you may think.

Anonymous said...

In case you might want to commit suicide:

http://www.porkjerky.com/free/suicide.php

To find out what you will be in your next life:

http://www.reincarnationstation.com/