Saturday, December 04, 2010

Stuff I quit reading

Stuff I quit reading:

Americablog
Regretsy
Lamebook
People of Wal-Mart
Damn Interesting
Look at this Fucking Hipster
Gizmodo
Engadget

Stuff I'm reading less of:

Firedoglake
Crooks and Liars
BoingBoing

I've just gotten to where I can't take any more.

I'm still reading io9, Slashfilm and Talking Points Memo. I look briefly at HuffPo, picking out news items from amidst all the gossip about 'celebrities' I've never heard of. And, though I'm ashamed to admit it, I read Gawker pretty regularly now.

I am listening to a lot more dharma talk podcasts from iTunes. There are hundreds available. They don't boost my cynicism or my blood pressure. And I feel like I'm getting something with some substance to it, instead of the daily outrage.

No comments: