Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Overnight dream

Society has collapsed in the aftermath of global warming and rising sea levels. We're in a Ford Econoline van, driving cross-country to somewhere in the desert southwest where we've heard there is some last semblance of civilization. I'm driving, and Leslie and a few other unidentified people are in the back.

We've arrived in a small town somewhere in the midwest in the early afternoon. Me, Leslie, some others. We're in some small town. The streets are quiet but we know it's controlled by a right-wing fundamentalist militia so we're trying to maintain a low profile.

I look out the window and see Beasley the cat a half block down the street. I brought him with us but he's gotten out. I call him and he looks around, sees me and comes back, but Leslie doesn't realize he's my cat and lets him out again. I call him, but this time a small piglet jumps in the van, then promptly jumps out the opposite window.

I see Beasley again and call him a third time and he comes back. Then I wake up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

perhaps afraid of letting the cat out of the bag. so to speak?!

mcarp said...

I'm trying to figure out what the piglet was about.

I wish I could have some pleasant dreams once in awhile.

Anonymous said...

not sure if this means anything, but here are some things to consider....

Words like pig: Dreaming about them, denotes reasonable success in affairs. Prosperity to come.

Words like cats: A feminine aspect. Cats attacking you represent the enemies; if you succeed banishing them you will overcome great obstacles and rise in fortune and fame.

Words like car: Personal power. Ego.

Words like driving: Work on energy and power. Looking for the desired destination.

Words like friends: Joy and consolation. Aspect of self ready for integration.

Anonymous said...

I get better results thinking about what items in the dream mean to me. Yesterday I had one featuring a PT Cruiser, and when asked what I associated to that car I blurted out "people I don't like." And that led to an interesting meaning for the dream.

So, maybe the question is what does a piglet mean to you?

Anonymous said...

ditto celia. use your own dream vocabulary, cyrilic, ferengi, or otherwise. (wish i could spell.)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.