Sunday, March 05, 2006

What a great day.

It was just an all around great day today... sunny and 72.

The Red Cup crowd decamped to the patio for the first time since fall. Well, there are some people who stay out there when it's 35 degrees, but today there were more outside than inside... a general hubbub of people including many who had not been seen in weeks.

Cristen brought her kids and Amy brought Bella (certified as World's Cutest Puppy®), so they played together around the grownups.

Lesley moved from table to table. Brian gave Kat with a K a shoulder massage.

I have these times in my life when everything just seems 'in the zone.' They may last only an hour or two –– perhaps even less –– and they just have to be enjoyed as they come, and then let go of when they are over. This morning was one of them. I wasn't even actively participating, really; just sitting quietly, surrounded by lives being led.

I am reading "The Dharma Bums," the first Kerouac I have ever read (I frankly had a very incomplete education) and it has been a revelation, especially on such a clear, balmy day when one can easily visualize oneself sitting on a mat in a guy's house and talking about Zen versus Tibetan Buddhism.

I also assembled the new doghouse and aired up the tires on my bicycle.

Thank God spring is here.

No comments: