Monday, March 13, 2006

Two Elvis impersonators and Frankenstein

I went back to bed at 3:30 or so.

I dreamt I was watching something on TV. There was a swimming pool, and people were jumping into it. But after they jumped, and just before they hit the water, they disappeared. There would be big splashes where their forms hit the water, but the jumpers themselves were invisible. One of them was Brian, inventor of carbonated lasagna, but the rest were strangers.

Then there were four people standing at the edge of the pool, right in front of the camera. One was a game show host kind of guy, two were Elvis impersonators, and one was the Frankenstein monster.

One of the Elvis impersonators was a Las Vegas Elvis in a white jump suit and the other was an Ed Sullivan Elvis in a tangerine-colored sport coat and white shirt. The Elvises were arguing about something and the game show guy was trying to stop them while the Frankenstein monster just watched.

Then I was at my front door. There were two guys there. They were talking to me but I couldn't hear them because my ears were ringing. I have mild tinnitis in real life, but never so bad that I can't hear. At first I thought they were upset about something, but then I finally realized they read about Haley, She Who Does Not Sleep, on this blog and wanted to meet her.

The front porch of this house was not the front porch of my house, but seemed more like the porch of the house where I lived when I was in high school.

Then I was back inside, and there other people in the house and more were arriving. It was a party of some sort. Don, a college friend of mine with whom I also worked (but who is a different guy than the one I described from the dream in the earlier post) was there, along with an identical twin he does not have in real life.

The house became really crowded. There were too many people and I started to feel uncomfortable.

There was a woman walking through the house -- a stranger -- with two bags of groceries. By this time I realized I was dreaming. I told her to put down the groceries, which she did. I took her in my arms and kissed her, which she seemed to enjoy. I looked up, and there was another woman standing there. I decided to kiss her as well, but then I woke up.



I laid there awake for I guess five or ten minutes. I fell asleep again, and the dream picked up where it left off. Most of the people had left, and I guess I was trying to encourage the others to leave as well.

Something else happened after that but I don't remember what it was.

No comments: