Monday, January 28, 2008

Another previous career dream

Just awoke from another dream about my previous career. In the dream, I walk into the newsroom and someone has moved my desk to be able to temporarily put a studio camera where my desk had previously been.

In moving my desk, they've disconnected my computer from the printers and moved – and misplaced – the original tape from the story on which I'm working.

I'm running around in a panic trying to get everything back together, but no one else is concerned.

Then I'm rehearsing my speech for the post-newscast meeting, where I'll say, "You know, I don't need this job. I don't have to work at all."

At about this time the producer and others finally realize my story isn't going to 'make slot,' or even make the newscast, and they're all in a panic, while I have now become relatively serene.

And then I woke up – with one of those tension headaches right between and slightly above my eyebrows that I had all the time when I actually had that job.

I've been out of the business almost nine and a half years, and I'm sure technology has moved to the point stuff like this doesn't happen anymore.

No comments: