Monday, January 28, 2008

The dead car

The minivan is sitting in a shopping center parking lot tonight because it threw a belt as soon as I started it there.

This car has less than 70,000 miles on it and this is the third time this has happened. I'm somewhat annoyed.

On the other hand, I was able to call someone and get a ride home. My lifelong rule against asking for help – the product of growing up with self-absorbed, alcoholic parents – is in remission.

The car died on a relatively warm night, and not during our recent spate of sub-freezing highs.

And I have the bicycle to get around on tomorrow.

With a little luck, I'll be able to have a wrecker pick up the car tomorrow and tow it to the garage and have the thing back by the end of the day, and it will cost $300 or so.

No comments: