Saturday, May 27, 2006

3.27 a.m.

I could just give the house to my ex, which I will probably do at some point, anyway. The arrangement would be she could have the house if she would agree to take care of the cats -- Beasley and Smudge and the others. Room enough here for mine and hers, and a back yard for her dog.

I would take enough stuff to care for myself -- clothes and so on -- and hit the road. I don't know where yet. I'd have a destination in mind before I left, but I haven't decided on it yet.

I knew a guy years ago -- a TV executive -- who ended up a homeless person on the streets of a small town in Arkansas. Every time I think about that, I wonder why I didn't end up the same way and if I'm just delaying the inevitable by trying to hang on to my crap.

But if I'm going to be homeless, it's going to be someplace besides Arkansas.

on iTunes: Solitude, Richard Warner

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're going to end up homeless make sure you land near said monastery of choice. In the meantime, you could go on retreat traveling from monasteries reviewing them. Upon a brief stay at a Benedictine monastery, I met Marcia and Jack Kelly. They have done just that and have written several books from their travels. I am totally envious of their life! I have Shasta Abbey in California noted as one I may need to escape to.

mcarp said...

I Googled Mount Shasta Abbey, and yeahm I could live aroud there... who couldn't?