Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Contact Overload

I spent a lot more time around other people this weekend than I usually do and I'm still feeling the effects. I should have paced myself more carefully. Now it's back to work, when what I really need is a day of seclusion.

I think I'll just be counting the minutes until I can come home. My sinuses are in terrible shape from being out in the dust and pollen all day yesterday. Tara protect me from crazy people, ambitious people and paranoid people until day's end.

I neglected to mention that I spent a short while meditating yesterday on the curb in front of the 7-Eleven at NW 36 & Penn. It was early in the day and quiet.

iTunes: Avaz-E Dashti, Yo-Yo Ma

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that 7-11. I had no idea it was conducive to meditation.

mcarp said...

The curb is of a very fortuitous height for someone such as myself whose knees and hips can't negotiate the lotus position.

Anonymous said...

Went to a beautiful monastary this beautiful weekend in beautiful Ojai, California. Oh my, so beautifully overrated. I have determined that MY monastary is inside of me. Now, how do I get there?