Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Flash animation

I lack both the time and the temperament to do much with Flash animation. Although the results are often impressive, Flash is very time-intensive compared to other forms of web design.

Here are a couple of Flash-based web pages I like.

In both cases, they attempt to explain fairly abstract ideas with animation.

The first one is www.perceivingreality.com, which is operated by a Kabbalah group, the Ashlag Research Institute. I make no claims or endorsement for Kabbalah, but I think the approach to the subject matter is interesting. Has a bit of a 'What the Bleep Do We Know?' feel to it.

The second one is www.tenthdimension.com, which attempts to explain string theory to us non-physicists. Creator Rob Bryanton is not a physicist himself – he runs a recording/audio postproduction studio in Regina, Saskatchewan. Again, I make no endorsement of the content, but I find the approach interesting.

No comments: