Saturday, November 04, 2006

Pastor Ted Haggard

I have little to say about this other than, 'Well, duh. What else is new?'

I've been working for several years now on the assumption that anyone who wants to tell me how to behave, and especially someone who wants the government to tell me how to behave, probably has bigger issues than I do.

I've never hired a prostitute, never cheated on my wife, never used forged prescriptions to get drugs, never committed rape or statutory rape, and yet somehow I'm the bad guy and this wack assortment of perverts, pederasts, lechers, addicts and con men are the good guys.

Harper's Magazine profiled Haggard and his church in May 2005. That article is available online at the Harper's web site.

I see where Pastor Ted's church has begun the search for his replacement. Good luck finding another Ken Doll for Jesus.

'Superchurch pastor' is a job that requires roughly the same skill set as 'multilevel marketing representative' or 'door-to-door magazine salesman.' Pastors of small churches -- where they actually know their congregants' names and visit them in the hospital and such -- work a lot harder than the celebrity preachers with the perfect hair and Janet Jackson headsets.

Looks like I had more say about this than I thought I did.

If Abraham had just gone ahead and killed Isaac, a lot of this nonsense would have been avoided.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Ted----what a wild man!

It is written in the Bibble:

"Mixith thee not the fruits of meth with the temptations of the bunghole, lest ye be defrocked and a great wave of embarrasification descend upon you and all your chillruns."

That's what he gets for violating the agreements he had with his Imaginary Friend.

Greetings from the Land of Freud.